Monday 25 July 2011

Finding My Feet

I feel like I've taken a giant leap from the fantastic into the mundane. From technicolor dream straight into monotonous reality. Instead of swimming now a stack of ironing awaits to work my muscles. From chilling to cleaning, from dining to dusting. *Cinderella sighs* Returning from holiday can always be a bit glum. It's a steep plummet from roaming to routine - directly into job searching and studying for me. Thankfully though it's probably not too long until I can get away again. It's six weeks of hard work to go, hopefully interspersed with catch-ups and coffees with schools friends that are beginning to trickle back into town. I've sorted through my load of holiday photos and I'm looking forward to looking at S's half of them; we'll definitely be reminiscing over those for a while!


Those of you who've been reading for a while will know that I had high hopes of coming away from this holiday with a renewed sense of purpose and appetite for life. It was going to be the change of scenery needed to set into motion the change in mindset. And I have to say I am not disappointed. I'm ready to rearrange my priorities because I’ve realised that all is not lost. I find an unrivalled pleasure in travelling - in finding myself in foreign surroundings, amidst strangers. It’s an opportunity to absorb a new culture, learn a new way of life but above all, to learn about myself; strengths and weaknesses and how to manage them. It’s a very big world out there and a very short life. So living it with regret for what you lost rather than hope for what is still to come is definitely the wrong way to go about it. For now it's a six week marathon and once exams are over, maybe a few more sneaky trips ;)


X


Photobucket

(I pinched this from a very good friend's blog - I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the link but I shall check and get back to you.)

2 comments:

  1. that is such a true quote. and have used that method so many times to make decisions :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right! It's the only way to know... I have just checked out your blog - what an absolute stunner! How long have you been in Chennai?? I LOVE it out there!!! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...