Wednesday 12 October 2011

A Change of Pace

Photobucket

Photobucket

I love Autumn - it’s my favourite season. Along with the changing colours and weather, there's a real shift in both momentum and mood too. From long lazy summer days we find ourselves suddenly in the midst of the pre-Christmas rush and bustle, with kids back to school and routine back in full-swing. My favourite thing about Autumn though, has to be the fact that I can wrap myself in gorgeous, comfortable, snuggly clothes at the same time as feeling the warm, watery October sun on my face. I've had a manic, but good start to my week; yesterday, full moon, known according to the Hindu calendar as Sharad Poonam, marked harvest festival - the completion of the nine night festival of Navratri. It's soon Diwali, then Halloween, followed by Guy Fawkes… and, finally, of course Christmas. My countdown is most definitely on, a countdown for late night shopping, mid-shopping hot chocolate stops, gift-buying and gift-wrapping and many-a-late-evening spent tucked away in one of London's cafes, watching the Autumn rush. Happy Wednesday to you all. xx

4 comments:

  1. I am so ready for the autumn & winter activities too. The weather has been so lovely- just the right temperature for snuggly clothes and soaking in the season.
    Enjoy your week!
    -Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look great in the dress! thumbs up x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving your holiday outlook! I'm a holiday fanatic myself!!! Great write up! :D
    http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooo i LOVE ur sari!! the purple and white go so well together... iv never seen any like that one! pretty! happy autumn!! were going into spring over here... in nz and yay im loving it! finally some warm sunshine! ;P xkim

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...