Friday 20 January 2012

"Dyouknowhadimean?"

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Do you find, that, when you spend a lot of time with someone, you sort of start adopting their habits as your own? Like little phrases that litter their speech or maybe even the way they answer their phone (not that I'd ever pick up my bf's style, "wha gwan famalam" is one variation, if I remember right)? You often won’t even realise you’re doing it, almost as though you’ve passively contracted ‘their ways’. As much as it will annoy him when he reads this (sorry!) I couldn't help but count how many times A (that’s my boyfriend, A for amazing) said the phrase, "do you know what I mean?" as we traipsed around London yesterday. A grand total of 12 times :0 And that too in his signature style; not "do you know what I mean,” but more like "dyouknowhadimean" all in one breath. And boy did I giggle. But only until I caught myself doing exactly the same thing! Annoyingly enough, three times as well. Oh dear! I s’pose though that a downgrade in the standard of my English is still a very small price to pay for the hours upon endless hours of laughing and cuddling and giggling and eating and gallivanting and relaxing he gives me.....dyouknowhadimean?

Yesterday was a rare occasion that we ventured out of our usual zones though - he was working in London, I was at uni = reasonable excuse for cake in Cafe Concerto, right near Piccadilly Circus underground. Try it out if you're in the vicinity, it's a cute and quaint little coffee and cake shop with awesome people-watching potential. That’s it from me for now so until next time, wishing you all a very Happy Friday. Keep safe, sound, and smiling.

xxx

P.S. What do you think of my 'instagram'ming skills?

2 comments:

  1. it happens all the time lol
    he does it too and its too funny!


    By the way love re you familiar
    with SOPA & PIPA?
    It will affect us bloggers =( If
    you want to read more about it
    Click Here
    Take Action NOW ♥

    xoxo
    Melina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, oh my gosh. I totally do that. I hate when I catch myself inadvertently mimicking someone else, drives me crazy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...