Saturday 10 March 2012

The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake

Photobucket

As I gorged on this lovely, tangy little lemon meringue cupcake (from Tesco's, sold in a pair, in case you wondered; you'll probably end up eating both in one go), I found my mind wandering back to some long summer afternoons spent lazing by the lake in Garda with my best friend - reading (a book by the same title as this post), swimming, laughing, talking, sharing, eating, healing. A bittersweet longing for time and feelings that have already passed, it struck me as funny how certain tastes, smells, even sounds can take us right back in time - and the taste of lemon cake has forever etched itself in my mind as synonymous with forgiveness.


I've had a peculiar week - lacking, really, in anything blog-worthy. But I'm hoping this week will be filled with a lot more laughter. It's my last week at university and my last few days working for Boots too - time for change. Wishing you all a lovely weekend, make the most of the beaming sunshine.


xxx

1 comment:

  1. nom nom nom. this looks so freaking delicious. i wannna have a bathtub full of these! <3

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...