Sunday 1 July 2012

Sim's Week in Sandwiches



tumblr_m683z0envg1qkckioo1_500tumblr_m69xlmAesP1qkckioo1_500tumblr_m677hhE64Y1qkckioo1_500

It has to be said, the best thing that's come out of having a new job is the structure it lends to my day. I have yogurt and fruit for breakfast, more fruit and tea at eleven and then, well, then my lunch. Because of the nature of the company I work for, I find myself most days avoiding the canteen - it’s normally packed and packed with vocal strangers conversing in alien languages. And so I find respite in unearthing my own homemade sandwiches from the depths of my handbag at around 12.30 each day, flicking on the kettle and then chowing down my own, really rather....well, creative creations.

The challenge? Five different sandwiches for each of the five days, as tasty and lip-lickingly delicious as possible. This week I made -

1. Roast Vegetable & Feta Cheese - in toasted, buttered bread with pepper and a touch of mayonnaise.

2. Bombay Sandwich - toasted & buttered, slices of boiled potato, onion, cucumber, tomato, cheddar cheese, mint chutney, ketchup and chaat masala.

3. Samosa Sandwich - sliced up samosa, cucumbers, chili sauce & mayo.

4. Paratha Sandwich - a paratha is a type of punjabi bread - often stuffed, one variation is the aloo paratha, a chapati stuffed with mashed, spiced potatoes; the same potatoes make a gorgeous sandwich filler.

5. Coleslaw Sandwich - thick layer of butter on un-toasted white bread with sliced edam cheese, coleslaw and black pepper. Yummmmmmy.

Do you think I’ll manage five more for next week?

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...