Sunday 29 September 2013

When in Rome

 photo 011a2ada-7f6b-4c20-a64f-03cc9ec6abb8_zpsfc65fe88.jpg

It seems, given the opportunity to gallivant for a few days, I'll end up in Italy 9 times out 10. Let's face it, I think I've been to Italy as many times as I have India. I don't know if it's the warmth, architecture, people, culture or simply the Italian way of life in its entirety (most probably the pizza and gelato actually) but its appeal grows with each successive trip. I s'pose it's a bit like a kid in the park - never wanting to go home once they're there ("just five more minutes mummy, please please please?").

Alas, less than a week was all I had this time. As I was a little young to have much recollection of the last time I was in Rome - the only resonating memories being of sweet watermelon, coconut gelato, a lot of steps (y'know, the Spanish ones), the Vatican City and, of course, the Trevi Fountain - it was somewhat alarming when a strong sense of deja vu took over whilst wandering the streets. I've some spots worth sharing with you and also a few... well, mini-minute-revelations if you might. For now though it's time to enjoy what remains of the weekend. Stay tuned. 

SL x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...