Sunday 13 October 2013

Yes, I Just Discovered Audrey!

 photo 0f5c8d3c-24f6-4be9-81a1-d47b1961a74e_zps817bae64.jpg

When I first moved in with my flatmate and she told me she absolutely loved Audrey Hepburn, I'm ashamed, I repeat ashamed when the name did nothing but very softly ring a bell - something about a famous actress, y'know? She was mortified, and I mean positively mortified at a) my lack of knowledge and b) my lack of love. And so we resolved to buying a Hepburn box set and working our way through one girl's night in. 

Though that plan fell through, when we parted ways I did hang onto the set as H said she'd seem them all already. Just as well 'cause it's come in handy this grim & grey, dreary & drizzly weekend when I've done nothing but snuggle, sniffle, watch Strictly and then Sabrina. Followed by Roman Holiday. And then, of course, Breakfast at Tiffany's. 

I'm miffed by what I was missing. I know, 52 years after release, it's hardly newsworthy stuff... but Miss Holly Golightly - have you ever seen a girl so flakey hidden beneath a woman so elegant? Sipping whiskey and smoking never has, probably never will, look quite so sophisticated. 

I'm in love!

SL x


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...